Dél-Koreába utazók szíves figyelmébe ajánljuk a következő levelet:
Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
1. This letter refers to the border control to prevent the introduction of the African Swine Fever in the Republic of Korea.
2. The Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs of Korea has been informing inbound passengers to the country, via various channels, of the fact that bringing livestock products into Korea is strictly prohibited. And, the Ministry has been imposing fine to the travelers who had not declared those kinds of products. However, we are still seeing tourists bring in prohibited livestock products into Korea.
3. In this regard, it became a must for us to strictly apply the Act on the Prevention of Contagious Animal Diseases. Therefore, in order to tackle the illegal entry of livestock products into Korea, passengers who bring in livestock products must declare them to the Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency. Those who don’t declare them either by completing the customs declaration form, or directly reporting to the quarantine officers at the airport in advance, will be fined.
* In accordance with the Act on the Prevention of Contagious Animal Diseases, people who bring in pork products and processed pork products into Korea without declaration will face fine 5 million won for the first-time offenders; 7.5 million won for the second-time offenders; and 10 million won for the third time offenders. People who bring in livestock products other than pork products and process port products into Korea without declaration will face fine 1 million won for the first-time offenders; 3 million won for the second-time offenders; and 5 million won for the third-time offenders, according to the act.
4. This stricter measures will be adopted after the grace period is over (December 23, 2019 - January 31, 2020). In this regard, the Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs of the Republic of Korea would like to kindly ask you to inform this information to your countries for your citizens to avoid experiencing any inconvenience in their travels to Korea including the imposition of the fine.